Reports to: Director of Biometrics
Department: Data Analytics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Leads the Data Analytics team, providing effective client solutions through team and project management. Serves as primary client contact on data analysis issues, clarifies clients’ needs and presents DF/Net’s capabilities, responds to ongoing client questions or issues during projects. Works with third-party providers to ensure seamless delivery of services to clients. Motivates team members to accomplish specific study or project goals. Participates in department and company infrastructure development. Provides training and mentoring to data analytics staff. Acts proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration. Models company values and engage the team to achieve goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and work with data analytics, identifying strengths and optimum use of resources including biostatistician and programmers
- Represent the Data Analytics department internally and externally as needed.
- Works with outside vendors and contractors on the provision of analytical services.
- Track all current data analytics work in collaboration with Data Management department; delegate tasks and set deadlines.
- Set clear team goals; oversee day-to-day operation; monitor team performance and support their professional development.
- Provide and coordinate individual training and projects for newly hired Statistical Programmers or Biostatisticians.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Suggest and organize team building activities; encourage creativity and risk-taking.
- Coordinate with HR to conduct hiring process as well as ongoing and performance reviews.
- Maintain a consistent work schedule in accordance with departmental and company expectations.
- Comply with industry regulatory requirements and standards and DF/Net Research Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Master’s degree in a Biostatistics or Statistics field.
- Proven work experience as a team leader, manager, or supervisor.
- Familiarity with general linear models, survival analysis, and categorical data analysis.
- Ph.D. in Biostatistics or related Health Sciences field.
- 5 + years of related experience working in clinical trials and biostatistics
- 3 + years of experience in supervisory and project management in biostatistics and/or statistical programming.
- Knowledge of statistical software packages including SAS, R, Stata, and PASS.
- Working knowledge of CDISC standards/implementation guides including the development of SDTM, CDASH, and ADaM.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of projects and appropriately prioritize work assignments.
- Understanding of the performance metrics required to measure the team’s ability to meet goals.
- Mentorship-level programming skills in relevant programming languages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive work relationships.
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships with vendors and contractors
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently, with some supervision.
- Flexibility to learn about and adapt to changes.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Repetitious computer usage.
- Regular office environment.
- Occasional travel, including international, based on projects assigned.
This job description is not a comprehensive listing of the duties or of this job. These may change at any time with or without notice.
The company does not sponsor temporary visas (e.g. H1B, F1, EAD, OPT, etc.). Candidates are required to have unrestricted legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship now or in the future. (e.g. US Citizen, US permanent resident, etc.).
If you are interested in this position and feel that you are qualified to perform indicated duties, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.