Reports to: COO
FLSA Status: Exempt
DF/Net Research is seeking a Sales & Marketing Manager to become an integral part of our leadership team to help us grow as a company. The ideal candidate will have a strong background of proven success in generating new sales with a focus on service or software industries. They are motivated to make a difference by being the foundation of a sales and marketing team that they help design and build. Recognizing that success is a team effort, they will work closely with our service and software teams as DF/Net increases its investment in all aspects of our sales process to meet our clients' needs for digital solutions to support clinical trials.
Responsible for planning, overseeing, implementing, and/or performing all company sales and marketing activities. Responsible for increasing sales from new sources of revenue for profitable growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommend for approval and then implement short-term and long-term sales plans.
- Identify and recommend effective marketing approaches.
- Analyze potential market segments and attainability of profitable market share.
- Prospect, qualify and engage with potential new clients on the DF/Net value proposition.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales pipeline development targets including new account sales objectives.
- Manage deal flow from initial contact through to signing and seamless hand-off to existing account management.
- Work with leadership and rest of organization to constantly improve the sales process.
- Prepare contract proposals, including creative, innovative, novel, unique concepts and approaches.
- Collaborate with other internal and outside resources on the development of marketing materials.
- Work with internal team to develop demonstrations for potential clients. Create playbooks for presenters.
- Make recommendations on pricing policy. Implement price schedules, evaluate and submit for approval off-list price requests.
- Perform various sales activities such as interpersonal networking, conducting sales presentations, conducting and overseeing market research, cold and/or warm lead calling, attending industry related conferences as an attendee /exhibitor.
- Works with staff responsible for existing account management either within Sales team or elsewhere in the company to ensure consistency of approach and that existing account sales goals are met.
- Work with their manager and Finance on development of a Sales & Marketing budget.
- Supervise direct reports, identifying strengths and optimum use of resources.
- Set clear team goals; oversee day-to-day operation; monitor team performance and support their professional development.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Coordinate with HR to conduct hiring process as well as ongoing and yearly performance reviews.
- Maintain a consistent work schedule in accordance with departmental and company expectations.
- Comply with industry regulatory requirements and standards and DF/Net Research Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- 0-5 employees
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Sales.
- 2+ years of experience in health, medical or clinical research related field.
- Experience in business to business software sales.
- Marketing for software or clinical research business.
- MBA/MS in Business, Communications or Science related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability with complex sales preferably in software and services industries.
- Thorough understanding of marketing strategies and practices.
- Ability to facilitate group discussion, problem solve, and manage conflicting demands and priorities projects.
- Advanced experience with MS Office products.
- Strong leadership skills and experience with managing teams
- Excellent relationship-building skills and consultative approach with clients.
- Ability to work independently; planning, organizing, scheduling and completing work within deadlines.
- Flexibility to learn about and adapt to changes in office technology, equipment, and/or processes.
- Ability to manage external resources to create marketing materials
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive work relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Repetitious computer usage.
- Regular office environment.
- Occasional travel, including international, based on projects assigned.
This job description is not a comprehensive listing of the duties or of this job. These may change at any time with or without notice.
The company does not sponsor temporary visas (e.g. H1B, F1, EAD, OPT, etc.). Candidates are required to have unrestricted legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship now or in the future. (e.g. US Citizen, US permanent resident, etc.).
If you are interested in this position and feel that you are qualified to perform indicated duties, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.