DFnet partner in research, the University of Antwerp, was recently featured in Vaccine: the official journal of The Japanese Society for Vaccinology. DFnet is fortunate to provide data management support for this ongoing Ebola vaccine trial established through a partnership between the University of Antwerp and the University of Kinshasa.
We have included highlights from “Setting-up an Ebola vaccine trial in a remote area of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: Challenges, mitigations, and lessons learned,” but encourage you to read and share the full article.
- Clinical trial regulations are becoming increasingly complex and demanding for low- and middle-income countries (LMICs)
- International collaboration based on equal partnership can help LMICs perform high quality vaccine trials.
- Maintaining acquired capacity while conducting clinical trials in LMICs is key and needs long term international support.
- Transparency of lessons learned during clinical trials can assist for a more efficient conduct of trials.
- This article describes the challenges, mitigations and lessons learned during the setup of a vaccine trial in a LMIC.
Read the full article on sciencedirect.com.